Friday, June 1, 2007

"Two Weeks and Counting…"

Two more weeks until Their Town goes up, and I continue to tweak scenes and lines here and there. Nothing very serious, but a number of small things that need to be "touched up," rather like applying little dabs of concealing makeup rather than performing major cosmetic surgery. For example, I discovered at rehearsal last night that my main character, Margaret, doesn't have any reaction when the statue of Thornton Wilder tells her he's gay. All the times that I've heard those lines read over the past three years, and I never caught that - it only became apparent when I saw it staged. So I patched that up this morning. She's a polite New Englander, so luckily, didn't need much of a reaction.

The actors are a strong bunch, and since their names aren't on the promotional copy (there were too many to fit, and the play wasn't completely cast when the posters were printed), I feel the need to acknowledge them here: Todd Betker, Lou Bojarski, John Feightner, Diana Ifft, Leah Klocko, Jaime Slavinsky, Paige Spara, Joe Stitman, and Scott van de Mark.

No comments: